In the last 10 years, we have focused our missional efforts primarily in South America, and more recently, Europe. We’ve seen God’s hand move and through His grace, we’ve planted over 89 new Nazarene churches and have sent over 350 missionaries for 2+ years of service. Praise the Lord! Today, we are very excited to announce to you something that we’ve been praying and dreaming about for a long time – In partnership with the Seattle City Project, we are launching 40/40 Missionaries to bring a creative discipleship movement to the USA! We have been seeking the Lord and believe we’ve found the right team of pastors, churches, and leadership in the Seattle City Project to initiate a discipleship movement to reach one of the “least churched” cities in the United States: Seattle, WA.
Seattle is a prime example of a post-Christian urban ministry context. Almost 40% of adults in Seattle identify as “no faith”, and only 10% of Seattleites attend a church. We believe that there is hope for the people of Seattle, and this hope has a name – Jesus! Jesus is the hope of the world!
Who will join us in bringing hope?
Extreme Nazarene is looking to send:
- 6 young, 40/40 Urban Missionaries into Seattle for 2 years, empowered by the Holy Spirit to launch a creative discipleship movement.
- 1 Urban Missionary Leader to lead and pastor the team, as well as continue to lead the movement long-term. (Minimum 4 years)
We believe this movement in the end will look like a vibrant, missional church. The 40/40’s will work in pairs to make disciples just like our 40/40’s in South America do. They will live out missional community together, and they will see God move in one of the most exciting cities on earth. Disciples making disciples and God’s people in Seattle being reached! The sky’s the limit in Seattle to reach people for Jesus through creative and intentional means. Is God calling you?
The ministry will be focused in the downtown and Beacon Hill communities. 40/40’s will stay for 2 years, and the Urban Missionary Leader (pastoral) position is for a minimum commitment of 4 years.
40/40 URBAN MISSIONARY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Authentic and compelling relationship with Jesus
- Call to missions/ministry.
- Desire for deep discipleship and life-giving community
- Embrace self-funding ministry model
- Exceptional work ethic
- Self-starting and highly motivated
- Desire to serve in American post-Christian urban context
- Teachable, humble, & flexible.
- 21+ years of age
- Single, not married.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree
(If you feel called but don’t meet the age or education requirements, please contact us to discuss your possibilities.)
- Application Aug 1-Oct 31, 2017
- Interviews Oct 13-Nov 20, 2017
- Funding Through August 2018
- Onsite September 2018
Ok, I’m interested, what do I do?
- Pray! Seek God’s calling and leading to give yourself missionally to Seattle through Extreme Nazarene for two years.
- Read More Info & Apply Online:
Prepare yourself mentally and spiritually to interview and serve as a 40/40 Urban Missionary.
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
Be a part of Extreme Nazarene’s pioneering project in the United States. People are lost and dying in the city of Seattle. Will you go?