Church Plant Project
Jul 2018 - Sep 2020
The Seattle City Project, in partnership with Extreme Nazarene is seeking six 40/40 Urban Missionaries to:
- INFUSE passion, prayer and energy into Seattle’s Beacon Hill community.
- EMBRACE pivotal ministry roles that provide the hard work required to be a catalyst in Seattle’s urban missional movement.
- EXPLORE deep relational discipleship- what it means to serve, follow and share Jesus.
- Be EQUIPPED to live a life of service.
- EXERCISE and develop ministry, relational and life skills.
- Be EMPOWERED to lean deeply into the mission, relationships, life and following the ways of Christ through His Holy Spirit.
This exciting team will spend 2 years building a creative discipleship movement with the end goal of a vibrant, missional church! Disciples making disciples and God's people being reached in Seattle! The team will live in community together and go out into the city to reach people for Jesus through creative and intentional means under the leadership of their Urban Missionary Leader (Pastor). The Urban Missionary Leader's job is to lead and disciple their team of 40/40's, provide vision for the team and church, and lead them into a bold & creative ministry to reach and disciple the unreached people of Seattle.
The ministry will be focused in the downtown and Beacon Hill communities. 40/40's will stay for 2 years. The Urban Missionary Leader (pastor) position is for a minimum commitment of 4 years.