A little something of how we work.
This is the story of how we partner with the Church of the Nazarene to accomplish the shared vision of planting vibrant, growing Nazarene churches across the world.
- Ten 40/40 Church Planting Missionaries to share the gospel for two years
- Pastoral Family to lead the church long term
- Team Support Couple to guide and mentor the 40/40s
THE CHURCH-PLANTING MODEL
- Built on the foundation of disciples making disciples within the model of the Master’s Plan
- 40/40s build relationships and evangelize, discipling new followers of Christ, one-on-one and within small group Bible studies, called Houses of Prayer
- New believers are invited to the Encounter, a weekend spiritual retreat designed to be a life-changing experience with God
- After the Encounter, formal discipleship classes are the path to growth in Christ and church leadership
- Momentum is provided to the church-planting project through short-term teams
- During the two-year project, Extreme partners with the local District to buy and or build a permanent church building, organizing build teams to help in the construction.
- A church of leaders, being discipled and discipling others
- As leaders rise up and are trained, the missionaries begin to delegate their church responsibilities to the new leaders in the church.
- By the end of the project, the team from Extreme leaves the service city with the church plant completely under local leadership.