Greetings! We want to invite you to go on an adventure with us! This afternoon, the Ambato missionary team and the short-term missionary team will be covering the city in prayer. We will be visiting six crucial sites throughout Ambato and praying for specific needs. We believe in the power of unity in prayer! Will you join us? Here is a copy of what we will be praying and where:
La Iglesia // La Puerta Abierta de Ambato
“I will not enter my house or go to my bed, I will allow no sleep to my eyes or slumber to my eyelids, till I find a place for the Lord, a dwelling for the Mighty One of Jacob.” – Psalm 132:3-5
- We desire as a church body that the tangible presence of God would rest on us. We are praying for an outpouring of His Spirit to the point that when someone steps into the building they would be overwhelmed by the love and the power of the Holy Spirit.
- We are praying for a spirit of worship and prayer to arise in our midst from the youngest to the oldest. That prayer would be the essence of who we are and that everyone would catch the vision.
- Numerical fruit, that our “houses of prayer” would grow and multiply and that every service would grow in attendance.
Universidad Tecnica // Technical University
“Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains.” – Colossians 4:2-3
- Pray that God would open a door for us at the university to be able to touch the lives of these students.
- Pray for boldness for the students that already attend that our church that they would be encouraged to reach out to their friends and invite them.
“When he saw the crowds, he had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.” Matthew 9:36
“One who oppresses the poor to increase his wealth and one who gives gifts to the rich–both come to poverty.” – Proverbs 22:16
“The stingy are eager to get rich and are unaware that poverty awaits them.” Proverbs 28:22
- Claim the park for Jesus.
- Pray for God to draw the people who live and work downtown to attend.
- Pray for God’s Spirit to be poured out on us in a powerful way!
Take some time to write down what you see…what you see that is different and what you see is the same?
Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness. Stretch out your hand to heal and perform signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus.” – Acts 4:29-30
“Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.” – Romans 13:1
“Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human authority: whether to the emperor, as the supreme authority, or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people. Live as free people,but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves. Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor.” – 1 Peter 2:13-17
- Pray for favor with the mayor in the matter of resuming the church build.
- We aren’t being threatened, but we are going to pray against unbelief.
- Many churches and preachers come to this park and begin to preach from a microphone and talk at the people.
- We want to see Jesus reach out his hand to heal and do signs and wonders. People have heard enough they want to see who this God is that we talk about.
- With no more than 3 people in a group go and pray for someone with an injury or a sickness.
The Cathedral – Parque Montalvo
“The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” 2 Corinthians 10:4-5
“See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy,which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces[a] of this world rather than on Christ.” – Colossians 2:8
- Pray against the religious spirit that holds many people captive here in Ambato.
- Pray against traditionalism, that people would make a decision for themselves to follow Christ. Not just being Catholic because their grandpa was.
- Pray that the Deity of Christ would be emphasized in all the churches.
- Pray against the cults of Ambato that don’t teach the Trinity or the true gospel, Mormons, Jehovah’s Witness, and other movements.
Mirador // City Lookout Point
“Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.” – John 17:12-13
- Pray that all the believers in Ambato would come together and love radically so that the world may believe in Jesus and His finished work on the cross.
- Pray for a revelation of our identity as sons and daughters of God.
- Pray for a hunger of God to sweep across Ambato.
- Pray people would begin to search for answers and that they would only find the answers in Jesus.